White Magic.ca
December 05, 2019, 07:07:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bending: Earth  (Read 20400 times)
Why?

Good can come from bad, Bad can come from good.

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »

Power in Earthbending comes from nature, and the earth itself. The most ancient skill...it's also the most powerful, if used right. It's controlled by energy, chi, that flows through mainly the legs and upper arms, as well as the hands, and is often accompanied by strong, stable movements of the arms and legs as a sort of catalyst. A lot of Earthbending's skills use small vibrations in the rock made by the Earthbender, and are amplified to separate or move the earth. An example of this is the Catapault skill...where one strikes the ground with a fist and explodes the vibrations through the ground to break it from the source and propel it upward.There are two main forms of Earthbending: blind strength, and soft skill. Blind strength is used by most Earthbenders, that is to attack first, and ask questions later. Throw some rocks, hope they hit. It's not the most tactful form.Soft skill is used by more experienced Earthbenders.It involves waiting to see what the opponent will do before countering it with a strike or defence of your own. It isn't quite as effective as Blind strength in the beginning...as it tends to prolong a battle. But what they lack in swiftness of defeat they make up for in minimal injury. Because they focus on the other opponent as much as themselves, they can anticipate attacks and defend...many benders of this form take no damage whatsoever at the end of a battle.Beginner's Lift: First, find a quiet spot where you'll be undisturbed for a while.Sit in the lotus position, cross-legged if you can't bend that way Tongue Find a small stone, and place it in front of where you're sitting. Put one or both hands on the stone, and close your eyes. Repeat the meditation breathing until you enter the state of blackness, and visualise a white, moon-like substance, your chi, flowing all through you in streams. Focus on your abdomen, under your belly button. See a pool of chi there, and visualise it flowing up, splitting into two streams when it reaches your chest, and flowing through your arms, into your hands, past your fingers, and into the stone. See the stone start to glow white as it fills with chi. Once it's fully glowing, stop feeding it chi and visualise small thread-like strings connecting your fingertips to the rock and the chi inside it. Then, slowly raise your physical hands, and visualise the strings pulling the stone off the ground as you move your hands up. Stop raising your hands and hold them there about three inches off the ground. Don't expect much on the first or even second try, but if you do it right, when you open your eyes the stone should have risen with your hands. Keep trying even if it doesn't work.(Wow...that is long....whew...)

Change is the only thing that is constant
Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof
RobertX

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:01:04 AM »

lol.. that was long .. sadly.. i found out only some people can bend some elements and not all people can bend at all... i think.. sobs....sad  Cry
and also sobs... i'm not an earth bender.. i'm a waterbender ... T.T

When You believe in who you are,where you're always meant to be,
if you open up your heart, when you set your spirit free
In this time of the season,every leaf on every tree
will start to shine come to see
take myHand,come with me andSHINE!

The treasure of friendship will never lose it's glow
The_Panda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »

Why be sad that you can bend water? Water is such a powerful element. It's used in healing and for attack and defense don't take such an ability lightly my friend
MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

Not for healing.
Only for defense. Smiley

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:15:22 PM »

Water cleans wounds. Otherwise, you'd end up with an infection and die/get a limb amputated.

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
JoeY34kaze
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »

every element is powerful. my favorite is water and i want to learn how to bend it. And i Heard that if you practice enough you can control ice. because ice is water in solid state. So i would`n`t say you cant use it much for offense. try to hit yourself with a block of ice and you will see. Cheesy
RobertX

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 05:50:57 AM »

well you see.. every Element has it's advantages and disadvantages..
while earth is more the defensive& offensive type... fire is the more offensive type but leaves the body unprotected..
water on the other hand... is both used for Healing( i heal a lot lol)
let me explain..
They are main points where CHi energy flows in the body.... by using water bending, You can bend the energies of the water ( or mana or something..)  & by mixing with your chi energy, you can open the Chi gates in the other person's body..  so the healing process of the person will be much more faster.. or you can direct your chi energy into the person to open the chi gates...( consumes a lot of energy..)
while healing  a bleeding wound with water bending, you can bend the water( CLEAN WATER..best water are found mostly in lakes i think? Don't know) on the bleeding wound to reduce the pain and also repair the cells in the skin.. or you can bend the bleeding blood out and bend the water to heal it.. i believe bending of blood is possible?(haven't tried it myself >.>) Because blood is also water right?
well.. here's my conclusion:
- Water bending is mostly used for healing
- Water, in the four elements, is the most weakest offensive element.. unless you can turn  the water you turn into ice of course..then that's a different story..turning the water you bend to ice is highly advance...
- Water is the most powerful healing element.. i think.. haven't done much research T.T i don't meet benders much .. you know?
- Bending Water into Ice isn't as easy into it seems.. It took me around 5 months practice to learn how to heal  wounds and open chi gates >.> ( wow that's a long time o.o)

So GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !
I think i posted how to bend water for beginners.. somewhere in the forums.. oh well..
-

RobertX

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

oh found it!
http://whitemagic.ca/forum/index.php?topic=880.0

ClareSaintGermain

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »

Can anybody bend any element? or are certain people suited to certain elements? if this is the case, how does one know? just by trying?

Light & Love
Felix

I am Felix. Yes. Im Felix.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »

I reckon certain people are suited to certainn elements..

I'm actually a girl. Don't give me that look.
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...What?! Of course Im out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there! Tongue
ClareSaintGermain

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

So it's pretty much trial and error then, until you find the one that's right?

Does Spirit/Psyche count? like influencing people?

Light & Love
RobertX

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »

well.. i bend water. 

Answer to your question:
Yup.. i think only certain people can bend certain elements .....
Some Elements also require certain requirements.
Like... umm.. the requirements of bending the element water are : High Chi energy, Basic understanding of Tai-Chi movements, a lot of concentration for begineers, and a lot more

Heres a site where you can try which element is suited for you and which are not.
it also teaches how to bend the elements.. i think..

http://five-elementsofpentagram.webs.com

ClareSaintGermain

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »

Thank you!! very much Smiley

Light & Love
MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 10:40:52 AM »

You shouldnt do that robert, you dont know how much dangerous this should be.. Embarrassed

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Felix

I am Felix. Yes. Im Felix.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »

Oh shush. People have the right to see it. Smiley

I'm actually a girl. Don't give me that look.
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...What?! Of course Im out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there! Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: