White Magic.ca
December 13, 2019, 11:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can praying banish bad luck?  (Read 5341 times)
chrizzy

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »

So I got bad luck from superstitions and from other sources too, so do you know if praying banishes bad luck?

I need to get rid of the bad luck. The bad luck is mostly in the relationship life, and with that I mean love and friendship life. But now the bad luck has applied in my school/job life too...

I am actually meant to be very lucky according to my numerology, but many superstitions have caused me bad luck.

And I know this is not karma because I am not doing anything negative that makes me unlucky.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

Perhaps, but how do you define 'prayer'?

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
chrizzy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

Perhaps, but how do you define 'prayer'?

Well, with prayer I mean that technique were you put your hands together and then you start with "Dear ______" and then you say what you want and then you end it with either "So mote it be" or "Amen".

I know it kinda sounds religious but I am actually not religious. Some witches do pray.
rob
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »

Have you ever heard of the saying "Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it".

Everything has two sides.  Be prepared to accept the good and the bad that comes with getting all of your prayers answered.

chrizzy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »

Have you ever heard of the saying "Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it".

Everything has two sides.  Be prepared to accept the good and the bad that comes with getting all of your prayers answered.

So praying DOES banish bad luck if you ask for banishing bad luck?
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »

So praying DOES banish bad luck if you ask for banishing bad luck?

In my opinion we often create our own "bad luck".  It isn't so much that it is bad luck as it is the result of our choices of actions that have unforeseen consequences.  So it is always wise to look carefully at our choices and our actions to see if there is the possibility of unsatisfactory outcomes from them and then take care not to repeat those actions.

Prayer can't hurt in trying to reverse what has been happening to you, and it may in fact help.  But there are no promises there.  Remember the story of Job in the Bible?  He also had lots of "bad luck" and he berated God about it.  It wasn't until he realized that his bad luck was God's way of telling him he was making poor choices in his life that he was able to reverse his fortunes.  Up until that point his prayers were not getting him what he wanted.  Prayers don't always work.

For that matter, magic doesn't always work.  Just like with prayer, magic isn't going to change your luck if you keep doing the sorts of things that brought that "luck" in the first place.  All change has to start from within.

Those behaviors that we tolerate become our standards.
chrizzy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

Yeah but for me the bad luck comes from some source because I never had any lifestyle that could make me unlucky or was making bad choices...

The bad luck always comes from the superstitions for me...

The bad luck started in 2007.
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 02:25:37 PM »

Yeah but for me the bad luck comes from some source because I never had any lifestyle that could make me unlucky or was making bad choices...

The bad luck always comes from the superstitions for me...

The bad luck started in 2007.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean that your bad luck comes from your "superstitions".  Can you explain what you mean when you use that term because superstitions are generally false beliefs.

chrizzy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »

Well, then why once when I saw a black cat running the street, the next day I got very sick? Black cat is an example of the superstition...
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

That was much more likely to have been a coincidence than that it had anything to do with the cat.  Of course now that you know you got sick after seeing a dead cat your mind is far more apt to trick you into feeling sick should it happen again.  Superstitions are simply old wives' tales and have no truth to them and no power over you other than what you give them.

chrizzy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »

Well, I don't really think it was just a coincidence because it was like that, and it was summer and before the day I got sick I didn't even feel anything else...

Just tell me if praying banishes the bad luck, a short yes or no answer is okay.

I heard praying does banish bad luck, but I just want to know if I am wrong or not...

And it was a black cat and alive, not a dead cat...
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

There is no simply "yes" or "no" answer to your question.  Not all prayers are answered.  Prayer might help, or it might not.

Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:27 AM »

Yeah, prayer can help. But it does not always 'work' as you'd want it to.

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: