White Magic.ca
December 11, 2018, 06:25:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help!?  (Read 4514 times)
Demon808

View Profile Email
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »

This may be a bit dumb to ask but ive never tried and don't know where to start.

How do you cast a circle and close it?
And for some of the spells it says you need a symbol. What does it mean?

When I see the world I see a blank canvas waiting to be painted
MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »

A circle in magick has many uses. It is used for protection, as a barrier or as a gate to another dimensions. It is basically the place where your energies will be raised. There are many rituals to open a circle from very simple to more complex. The basic circle opening is to use your wand or the index finger and draw a circle in the air arround you while you visualize a white (Colour may vary from ritual to ritual) light. It ussually contains words that you have to speak like
"The circle is now open but not broken" and when you finish "The circle is now closed/broken".
As magick circles are mostly used in witchcraft, for wicca and pagan religions, you may wish to take advices from Lark, I guesed she is more experienced with them. Anyway I offer you this site to read the procedure: http://suite101.com/article/how-to-open-a-wiccan-circle-a71600

A symbol could be anything. Pentagram? If it is wicca then the moon of the triple goddess?

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Demon808

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:23:10 AM »

ThAnks a lot Smiley if a spell just says a symbol but doesn't specify should I just use any or what do I do?

When I see the world I see a blank canvas waiting to be painted
MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 05:04:14 AM »

Well, symbol is very general, it should tell you what symbol it requires. If not, ignore it. Certain symbols cause certain effects. Instead of choosing one by random it is better to skip it or search for more information elsewhere.

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Iolh7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »

Ancient grimoires refer to at least 15 kinds of magic protective circles. I think first you need to see your path and make clear what fits you.Which is the tradition that makes you feel more comfortable? Are you a wican? A pagan? Do you work with Angels?
The pentagram is a magic symbol....the Egyptian ankh is a symbol too. The hexagram as well as the snake or a knife are also symbols. A bell is a symbol in Angelic magic. Which is the path that you wanna follow?

Κάποιοι πολεμούν για το δυνατό.
Εγώ πολεμώ για το αδύνατο.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: